tisdag 21 juli 2009

Oh! Again!

Blargh. I am ill. In a weird way. As in sudden tiredness so strong that I have to fall asleep straight away, or else my head starts hurting. But I will wait it out a bit, until eight at least so that I can have a good night's sleep.

In the meantime, I suppose I could blog. It's a warm day here in Barcelona, just like most days. The sky is clear from clouds and as we are heading towards August it is getting hotter by every second. I'm spending most afternoons on the beach, or in one of the parks among guitarplayers, circus artists and reaggeboys. Last weekend was messy and it's ALMOST like I wonder if alcohol can be the reason for me feeling shit, three days after standing in Teraza night club, dancing like a maniac. But no, no one can have a hangover for that long, not even me.

Sam is coming here on Sunday. Saying I'm excited just isn't enough. It's been over a month since he drove me to the airport, since he hugged me goodbye saying everything would be alright. I was so nervous about coming here. Today it makes me giggle thinking about it. Life here is very simple, tranquil, easy and welcoming. I know I will miss it once I'm back home.

However, I've decided to leave Barcelona three weeks earlier than planned as I've realised I need to see my family this summer. I can't let a whole year run pass without being home, I simply can't. In addition I don't really have enough money to stay. Also, I've booked another work placement. This time at a newspaper in Sweden. I need to get as much experience as possible before graduating next year. I'm terrified not to get a job. Like, really terrified. Times are tough but I've decided to work against the odds, making sure I will have something waiting for me next summer.

Inga kommentarer: