torsdag 25 juni 2009

Connected to... Valencia?!

Time to explain into more detail what I'm actually going to be doing here in Barcelona. I didn't know myself until today - my first proper day at the Go and Connect.

Basically, Go and Connect is a company with the idea to get people connected to the city they have just moved to. Well, people who have been living here for years still read it as well as people who are just here for a weekend - there is suppose to be something for everyone in the magazines and online.

The magazines come out once a month; there is Barcelona Connect and Valencia Connect. Four people are paid full time and five of us are interns, all from different parts of the world: Italy, Portugal, US, England and me - Sweden. We are also doing completely different things for the company; advertising, administration, the web, IT etc.

I'm going to be editor's asisstent for Valencia Connect which is really cool, although slightly bizarre as I've never actually been to Valencia. My lack of Spanish will also make the research somewhat difficult but I'm determined to do a good job and make it work.

Nothing is impossible.

On a complete different note; Tomorrow is the day! Jess, Cissi and Steve arrive Barcelona around 8ish and I can't wait to see them. It's been more than a year since we last saw each other all at the same time. To have a whole week together is UNREAL. And I need it so badly.

It has been a lonely week.

But I can't complain, really.

Inga kommentarer: