söndag 21 juni 2009

She has arrived

Hello dear Internet, so the flight landed safely (although thunderstorm) and I´ve now started my new life at the very heart of Barcelona.

It´s 1.30 pm and I am sat in an internet cafe at some street I will probably know the name of in a few weeks. So far everything is very comfusing and getting lost in this city will happen to me at least a hundred times - no doubt. Today I´ve treated my flatmate Moses map like some kind of diamond.

I am sweating my ass off, which you do a lot in Barcelona, but this time more than ever as I´ve just been walking all the way to Parc Guiell. Yes, by myself. Here is where I was sitting, watching the view of Barcelona.


I´ve always been intrigued what it would be like to go on a holiday on my own so now I've done something touristy to see what it feels like. Well, guess what? It´s BORING.

Not that I didn´t enjoy my walk but not to have someone to talk with in a city where everyone walk in big groups or hand in hand makes you feel very lonely. I´ve only been here two days though so I can´t really expect to have ten best friends already. I´m sure everything will be fine soon.

God, there are so many thoughts in my head that I don´t quite know where to start with this blog. I´ve got a column to write for the Cumberland News but I just can´t get my head around it...

Tomorrow is the Day when I´m sorting all my papers and stuff, then on TUESDAY I´m going to the MAGAZINE. I´m really looking forward to this, I can´t wait to meet some more people.

Caisa and Alejandro that I live with are really sweet, and so is Rosanna and Moses. So far I´ve stayed on their couch as Caisas brother and his wife are here visiting, staying in the room that will become mine on Monday.

Right, time is up, gonna walk home. Should eat something. You forget to eat in this heat. I will come back thin as Posh spice with an amazing tan.

Suddenly, when thinking about that, I don´t mind feeling a bit lonely, ha.

Can´t wait til Jess Cissi and Steve are here next week. And then Sam, who FYI is the most awesome boyfriend in the world.

Just thought I would let you know.

Adios!

Inga kommentarer: